Gorilla Tracking Packing List in Uganda, Rwanda & DR. Congo
Below are some of the items should pack while you get ready for gorilla tracking in Africa. This is a just a mere guide line but you may have your own preferences.
– At least 2 long sleeved shirts
– At least 3 short sleeved t-shirts
– At least pairs of light weight slacks/trousers – that can dry quickly (if wearing on treks)
– 1 pair of shorts
– 1 sweater or sweat-shirt
– 1 waterproof and windproof jacket
– A skirt (for Ladies)
– Gardening gloves or similar for gorilla tracking Adventure
– Strong waterproof hiking boots; pants should be tucked into socks and boots while on the trek. Heavy soled rain boots also work well on gorilla tracking.
– Pair of sports sandals like Tevas
– Hat-wide brim or with a visor for sun protection
– Sleepwear and underwear
– Lightweight wool socks and swimsuit (and a plastic bag)
– Sunscreen and Sunglasses with neck strap
– Insect repellent with DEET
– Small day pack
– Extra batteries for your Cameras and phones
– Camera and extra lenses
– Film particularly fast film for the gorillas.
– Personal toiletries
– Prescription medicines and possibly prescription itself
– Kleenex tissues
– Small notebook and a pen
First Aid Kit including rehydration sachets, anti-diarrhea medicine, aspirin, cold medication, antiseptic cream, band-aids, motion sickness pills, lip balm, eye drops and personal medication.
Note that flashlight is not allowed while on gorilla viewing. You should keep your voices as low as possible!